Saturday, July 30, 2005

Psalm Twenty-three (for 300 million people of our world)

I have no Lord, and I have no shepherd.
I have no one who meets my needs.

My bed is stony and thorny, so how can I rest?
My trails take me by treacherous roaring rivers, so how can I drink?

I am worn out and
no one cares about me.
I have no one to lead me in a better path.

I am constantly walking through the valley of the shadow of death.
I fear the evil that prevails there, but I am all alone.
I have no one strong enough to comfort or guide me.

My enemies are all around me and no one honors me.
No one invites me to be their guest.
My cup is empty.

I am miserable and expect to be so all the days of my life.
If there is a home or a better life than this, why doesn't someone tell me about it?

- Concept by Kenny Gammon, with revisions by PCF

No comments: