Thursday, July 28, 2005

greatest fear

The only thing we have to fear is fear it'self - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, First Inaugural Address, 4 March 1933.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
- Frank Herbert, 'Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear'

Am I afraid of high notes? Of course I am afraid. What sane man is not?
-Luciano Pavarotti

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear-not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward it is not a compliment to say it is brave.
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca



My greatest fear is to do the wrong things which I thought were right.

What is your greatest fear?


I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4


No comments: