Monday, May 09, 2005

move on

Pastor Matthew wondered how Pastor Rony Tan at the age of mid 60s is able to relate to the young and old. I think I might have the answer! hehe. *smirk*

I guess Pastor Rony has done what many adults didn't do. He has moved on. He has left his accomplishments , his "been there, done that" achievements behind. He has left his success and failures behind I think. He's able to relate to the young generation is because he has moved on. I don't think I can relate to people of younger age if I think I'm of a "different time and generation" from those young punks. I believe Pastor Rony has done what Paul did:

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

I realised I haven't moved on. I hang on to so many hurts, bitterness, resentment, achievements and failures that I find myself not having the strength to face tomorrow. I gotta move on and do what Paul did. If I want to move forward, I need to put down all my past successes and failures and run the race towards the goal that God has called me to. God, I want to move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Visited Lighthouse 2day. Super message. Agree with what you say about Pastor Rony being able to relate to young and old. Happy new year!!!!!May God review Himself to you in a very special way thru Revelations