Monday, September 05, 2005

wedding dinner @ Orchard Hotel

Last night, I enjoyed myself to the max at D and S's wedding dinner. It's the best wedding dinner I EVAR attended!!! It was also a great time catching up with friends whom we hardly keep in contact after we graduated.

The whole dinner arrangement was done in great style. The dinner was held at Orchard Hotel. The atmosphere there was great and the food was better than I expected. Of course. The hotel was one of those hotels which are highly recommended by my boss and colleagues to hold wedding banquets.

At the start of the banquet, the couple was hand in hand, strolling along the red carpet while we throw rose petals along their paths and blow soap bubbles at them. They were singing 'So Much in Love' by All-4-one while doing their stroll. What a romantic opening. Com'on friends, do this with me and go 'Aaaaawwww'.

They didn't do the conventional photo-taking with every single table in the ballroom and they only did so with certain tables, mostly immmediate families. Some candid shots are taken of the couple being 'sabo-ed by' us or asking us if we enjoy the food etc.

In the middle of the dinner, they went straight to the dance floor and did a waltz along a very nice oldies by Nat King Cole, 'I Love You for the Sentimental Reasons'. Hey, it's your cue, people. Aaaaawwwwww (You might want to add a 'So sweeeeet' behind). I felt so tempted to join them but I'm afraid I'll look more like a monkey on the dance floor.

Talking about sweet, I use my barehands to peel the prawns for fenfen while the rest of the people were struggling to tear the prawns apart with their chopsticks. Think I should get a medal or something for being so courageous and sweet.

After the dinner, I was really impressived by the planning and the programmes of the night. Feeling very satisfied and happy that I was there at their dinner.

No comments: