Saturday, July 31, 2004

Sonic Fest 2004!

It was great listening to the Christian songs and worshipping God under the starry night. The concert was better than I expected! Desmond told me last year's Sonic Fest wasn't up to expectation. Didn't want to raise my hopes to high in case the concert really turn out sucky because of the comment from Desmond.

When I was there at the concert I heard this year's concert had more people coming in than last year. By the time we reached the St Geroge's Church, it was this band from from Kuala Lumper called Altered Frequency to perform. Thought they were called Autum Frequency until someone said they were Ultra Frequency. When I went to the sonic fest website and checked, I found out their true name. The Frequency band was really good in my opinion. Their songs were simple and straight-forward. I like their playing style as well. Wanna buy their CD and listen but too stingy. Hee. After the Altered Frequency, the emcee wanted everyone to squeeze to the middle so he could take a picture and posted on the website. He said we'll be "archived" as well. Becky was kinda like "What?! Archived ourselves on their website??". Xuefeng happened to be among those being archived. Haha.

Next band was Sonic Edge Band. They are the resident band which means they get to play in every Sonic Fest. I guess the name of the concert was tribute to the band as well. Actually I dun really enjoy the songs from Sonic Edge or rather the performance of Sonic Edge. The guitarist was hoping like a wild dog on the stage. In fact, every guy in the band was hoping wildly except the drummer. It would be a magnificant feat if the drummer could join in and hop while he drums. Their songs are good but I'm kinda turn off by their performance la. Sonic Edge was the most jumpy band I've ever seen.

Lastly, the concert ended with this kiwi band called FORM. The sharing and music was good. Spent good time worshipping God with many people around me. Guess I'll be going for the next Sonic Fest. Let's Rock!

GOD OF WONDERS

Lord of all creation, of water, earth, and sky
The heavens are Your tabernacle, glory to the Lord on high

God of Wonders beyond our galaxy,
You are holy, holy
The universe declares Your majesty,
You are holy, holy

Early in the morning,
I will celebrate the light
When I stumble in the darkness,
I will call Your name by night

Hallelujah,
Tto the Lord of Heaven and Earth

God of Wonders beyond our galaxy,
You are holy, holy
Precious Lord reveal Your heart to me
Father holy, holy,
The universe declares Your Majesty
You are holy, holy, holy, holy
Hallelujah

Words and music by Marc Byrd and Steve Hindalong

No comments: