Thursday, June 02, 2005

lover of God's Word

During a sunday service, someone(can't remember who) asked the congregation,"Who loves the Word of God?". I found myself compelled to raise my hand after seeing so many people around me raising theirs. At that moment down right in my heart I know I'm lying. My passion for reading God's word wasn't as strong as before. I have lost much interest in God's word and I like to take shortcuts by reading devotions with verses here and there and be contented with a few chapters of the Bible during quiet time. Sometimes my day is just a mumbled prayer before I fall asleep. As I look at my daily going and coming, it is no charateristic of a person who loves God's word.

Yesterday I took leave for my interview and meeting with fenfen for lunch, I almost spend my whole afternoon reading God's word. After lunch, i went to Raffles City BK to prepare the lesson for bible study. After preparing the BS, I was rather curious about the part where Jacob wrestle with the angel so I read the part in Genesis from Jacob's life onwards till the life of Joseph. D.L. Moody advised that we should read the stories or the letters in the bible as a whole. By just reading a chapter or two in a day will not give us a clear picture of what the Author is trying to speak to us. So I decided to take up Moody's advice and read the books of the bible as a whole. I stayed at BK till five plus and moved on to Pacific Cafe to wait for Cheow Sheng. Was down there reading my ACCA past yr exam paper, reading about Enoch and John the Baptist in this book "Men God challenged", listening to the mp3 sermon and finally going thru the BS with my disciple. What a day to be immersed in God's word. heh.

While preparing the BS, I came across this verse in the book of Romans and it made me wanna put it in my handphone greeting to remind me to live out the verse:

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't worry if i were you. You seem perfectly enthralled with the bible as it is.

although the books of the old testament are always good for action if you get bored.

-Di